Top Tips When Moving Abroad
Moving is one of the most stressful experiences for any person, and moving abroad can be twice as hard as there is so much more to think about.
Most of these pitfalls can be avoided if careful planning a precision is taken when sorting out all the paperwork, packing and saying goodbyes.
Robinsons are a dedicated removals firm who can help you get your belongings from A to B wherever you destination may be.
They understand the stress a move can bring and can provide excellent services which can alleviate the problems and give you a happy and exciting move.
To make sure you are on the right track, they have come up with some top tips to keep you super organised when moving home.
- Start sorting out all of your belongings as soon as possible. If you are selling furniture seek to use auctions or car boot sales or sites such as eBay. If you are looking to take your furniture with you it is a good idea to look into finding an overseas removals company to ship your personal belongings to your new home.
- If you have children it is a good idea to move near the beginning of the summer holidays so they have time to settle in and won’t miss valuable school time.
- If you are moving to a country where they don’t speak your native language it is a good idea to learn the basics of their language.
- Check whether you are covered for emergency health care in the country you are moving too.
- Fill in form P85 and take it to your nearest tax office or your employer.
- Visit your bank and fill in a ‘Not ordinarily resident’ so that you will not pay tax on your savings.
- Make sure you notify everyone and if possible collect records from your dentist, optician, doctor and child’s school to take to your new home.
- If you are taking your car abroad, make sure that you check whether you are insured to drive abroad.
If you are international movers and are looking to move abroad in the near future visit Robinsons today and find all the latest information and advice about moving to any location around the world.
Photo Credit: Pexels