CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT
1. So long as all fees are paid up to date, Storer: (a) is licensed to store Goods in the Room allocated to Storer by Robinsons self-storage from time to time and only in that Room; (b) is deemed to have knowledge of the Goods in the Room; and (c) warrants that it is the owner of the Goods in the Room and/or entitled at law to deal with them in accordance with all aspects of this Agreement as agent for the owner.
2. Robinsons self-storage: (a) does not have and will not be deemed to have knowledge of the Goods; (b) is not a Bailee or a custodian nor a warehouseman of the Goods and Storer acknowledges that Robinsons self-storage does not take possession of the Goods; and (c) does not grant any lease or tenancy of the Room.
3. This Agreement will come into existence between Robinsons self-storage and Storer when FO notifies Storer it has accepted the order by signing the cover sheet. The storage period will begin on the date agreed with Storer during the order process and set out under “From Date” on the cover sheet.
4. Storer must pay the Deposit on signing this Agreement. The Deposit (or the balance of it after any appropriate deductions for unpaid Fees, repairs, cleaning or other charges to put right any breach of this Agreement by Storer) will be refunded by cheque or electronic transfer within 21 days of termination of this Agreement.
5. Storer is responsible to pay: (a) the Storage Fee (being the amount set out in the cover sheet or as most recently notified to the Storer by Robinsons self-storage). FO will take the first payment on acceptance of Storer’s order and will take subsequent payments in advance on the invoice date for each storage period or other date agreed with Storer (Due Date). It is the Storer’s responsibility to see that payment is made directly to Robinsons self-storage on time and in full throughout the storage period. Storer can pay using a debit card or credit card or by direct debit, in which case the designated bank account will be charged automatically on each Due Date. Robinsons self-storage does not normally bill for fees but will issue an electronic invoice following payment. Any Storage Fees paid by direct transfer will not be credited to Storer’s account unless Storer identifies the payment clearly and as directed by Robinsons self-storage and FO shall have no liability to and shall be indemnified by Storer if Robinsons self-storage takes steps to enforce the Agreement (including the sale of Goods) due to Storer’s failure to identify a payment. Robinsons self-storage will not accept that payment has been made until it has received cleared funds; (b) a Late Payment Fee each time a payment is late or cancelled; (c) any costs incurred by Robinsons self-storage in collecting late or unpaid Storage Fees, or in enforcing this Agreement in any way, including but not limited to postal, telephone, room inventory, debt collection, personnel and/or default action costs and associated legal and professional fees; (d) any government taxes or charges (including any value added tax or insurance premium tax) levied on any supplies made under this Agreement; (e) the Cleaning Fee or charges for repairs, to be invoiced at Robinsons self-storage’s discretion as per Condition 20; and (f) where the Storer has more than one agreement with Robinsons self-storage, all will form one account and FO may in its sole discretion apply any payment made by Storer or on Storer’s behalf on this Agreement against the oldest amount due from the Storer to Robinsons self-storage on any agreement in the account. If Storer makes a part payment of any Storage Fees due to Robinsons self-storage and FO retains Storer’s part payment, this will not affect Robinsons self-storage’s ability to take any action against the Storer or to exercise any rights FO has under this Agreement in respect of the Storage Fees which remain outstanding from Storer. The time period from which Robinsons self-storage may take such action will still start from the Due Date when the original Storage Fees were due and the Due Date will not be extended as a result of the Storer’s part payment.
DEFAULT – RIGHT TO SELL OR DISPOSE OF GOODS
6. Robinsons self-storage takes the issue of prompt payment very seriously and has a right of lien, which is a right to seize and sell or otherwise dispose of some or all of the Goods as security for Storer’s obligation to make payments under this Agreement. If any sum owing to Robinsons self-storage and other fees related to it are not paid when due, Storer authorises FO without further notice to: (a) refuse Storer and its agents access to the Goods, the Room and the Facility and overlock the Room until the amount due and other fees related to it (Debt) have been paid in full; (b) enter the Room and inspect and/or remove the Goods to another Room or site and to charge Storer for all reasonable costs of doing so on any number of occasions; and (c) apply the Deposit against the Debt and, if insufficient to clear it in full, hold onto and/or ultimately sell or dispose of some or all of the Goods in accordance with Conditions 8 to 10. Storer acknowledges that (a) Robinsons self-storage shall be entitled to continue to charge for storage from the date the Debt becomes due until payment is made in full or the Goods are sold or disposed of; (b) Robinsons self-storage will sell the Goods as if FO was the owner and will pass all rights of ownership in the Goods to the buyer; and (c) if Storer does not pay fees on the Due Date, the value of any discounts and special offers (including periods of free storage) which Storer has received will be payable by Storer in full.
7. On expiry or termination of this Agreement, if Storer fails to remove all Goods from the Room, Robinsons self-storage is authorised to treat the Goods as abandoned and may sell or dispose of all Goods by any means in accordance with Conditions 8 to 10. Storer is liable for Storage Fees for the period from abandonment to the sale or disposal of the Goods together with any costs of disposal (Debt).
8. Before Robinsons self-storage sells or disposes of the Goods, it will give Storer notice in writing directing Storer to pay (if Storer is in default) or collect the Goods (if they are deemed abandoned). This notice will be sent by registered or recorded delivery to the address last notified by Storer to Robinsons self-storage in writing or by email only if you have elected not to receive traditional mail. If no address within the UK has been provided, FO will use any land or email address or social media details it holds for Storer and any ACP. If Storer fails to pay the Debt and/or collect the Goods (as appropriate) Robinsons self-storage will access your space and begin the process to sell or dispose of the Goods. Storer consents to and authorises the sale or disposal of all Goods without further notice regardless of their nature or value. Robinsons self-storage will sell the Goods for the best price reasonably available in the open market, taking into account the costs of sale. Robinsons self-storage may also require payment of default action costs, including any costs associated with accessing the Room and disposal or sale of the Goods, which shall be added to the Debt.
9. Sale proceeds will be applied first against the cost of removal and sale of Goods and second to pay the Debt. If sale proceeds do not discharge all of these costs and the Debt, Storer must pay Robinsons self-storage the balance within 7 days of a written demand from FO. Robinsons self-storage may take action to recover the balance and any legal and administration costs incurred in doing so. If sale proceeds exceed the amount due from Storer, Robinsons self-storage will hold the balance for Storer but no interest will be payable on it.
10. If, in the opinion of Robinsons self-storage and entirely at the discretion of FO, a defaulting Storer’s Goods are either not saleable, fail to sell when offered for sale, or are not of sufficient value to warrant the expense of attempting to sell, Storer authorises Robinsons self-storage to treat the Goods as abandoned and FO may dispose of all Goods by any means at Storer’s cost. Robinsons self-storage may dispose of Storer’s Goods at FO’s discretion in the event that (a) Goods are damaged due to fire, flood or other event that has rendered them, in the opinion of the Robinsons self-storage, severely damaged, of no commercial value, or dangerous to persons or property, or (b) Goods may contain personal data belonging to Storer or others. Robinsons self-storage does not need the prior approval of Storer to take this action but will send Notice to Storer within 7 days of assessing the goods.
11. Any items left unattended in common areas or outside the Storer’s Room at any time shall be treated as abandoned and may at FO’s discretion be moved, sold or disposed of immediately with no liability to Robinsons self-storage.
12. Storer has the right to access the Room during Access Hours as posted by Robinsons self-storage and subject to the terms of this Agreement. Robinsons self-storage will try to provide advance warning of changes to Access Hours by notice at the Facility by SMS and/or email, but reserves the right to change Access Hours temporarily to other reasonable times without giving prior notice.
13. Only Storer or others authorised or accompanied by Storer (its Agents) may access the Room. Storer is responsible for and liable to Robinsons self-storage and other users of the Facility for its own actions and those of its Agents. Robinsons self-storage may (but is not obliged to) require proof of identity from Storer or any other person at any time and, at FO’s sole discretion, may refuse access to any person who is unable to produce satisfactory proof.
14. Robinsons self-storage may refuse Storer access to the Room and/or the Facility where moneys are owing by Storer to FO, whether or not a formal demand for payment has been made, or if Robinsons self-storage considers the safety or security of any person, Room or goods on or at the Facility has been threatened or may be put at risk.
15. Storer should not leave a key with or permit access to the Room to any person other than its own Agent who is responsible to Storer and subject to its control. If Storer does so, it does so at its own risk.
16. Storer authorises Robinsons self-storage and its agents and contractors to enter the Room in the following circumstances and to break the lock if reasonably necessary to gain entry: (a) on not less than 7 days’ notice to inspect or carry out repairs or alterations to the Room or any other part of the Facility; (b) without prior notice (but with notice as soon as practicable after the event) in the event of an emergency (including for repair or alteration) or to prevent injury or damage to persons or property; or if Robinsons self-storage believes the Room is being used to store prohibited goods or for a prohibited purpose; or if Robinsons self-storage is obliged to do so by law, by the Police, Fire Services, Trading Standards, HM Revenue & Customs, competent authority or by a Court Order; or to relocate the Goods or exercise FO’s lien or power of sale or disposal in accordance with this Agreement.
17. Storer will be solely responsible for providing a secure padlock for the Room and ensuring it is locked so as to be secure from unauthorised entry at all times when the Storer is not in the Room. Robinsons self-storage will not be responsible for securing any unlocked Room. Storer is not permitted to apply a padlock or other device to the Room in FO’s overlocking position and Robinsons self-storage may have any such padlock forcefully cut off at Storer’s expense. Where applicable, Storer will secure the external gates and/or doors of the Facility.
18. Storer must not store (or allow any other person to store) any of the following in the Room: (a) food or perishable goods unless securely packed so they are protected from and do not attract vermin; (b) any living creatures; (c) combustible or flammable substances such as gas, paint, petrol, oil, cleaning solvents or compressed gases; (d) firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition; (e) chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents; toxic waste, asbestos or other potentially hazardous substances; (f) any item that emits fumes, or odours; (g) any illegal item or substances or goods illegally obtained such as illicit (counterfeit/smuggled) tobacco or alcohol and unlicensed or unsafe goods (such as toys, electrical goods, medicines, aerosols, cosmetics, fireworks); (h) goods which are environmentally harmful or that are a risk to the property of any person; (i) currency, deeds and securities; and (j) items which are unique in nature and/or where the value to Storer cannot be assessed on a financial basis. Storer will be liable under Condition 29 for any breach of this Condition 18.
19. Storer will use the Room solely for the purpose of storage and shall not (or allow any other person to): (a) use the Room as offices or living accommodation or as a home, business or mailing address; (b) use or do anything at the Facility or in the Room which may be a nuisance to Robinsons self-storage or any other person (including the escape of any substance or odour from or generation of noise or vibration which may be heard or felt outside the Room); (c) use or do anything at the Facility or in the Room which may invalidate or increase premiums under any insurance policies of Robinsons self-storage or any other person; (d) paint or make alterations to or attach anything to the internal or external surfaces of the Room; (e) connect or provide any utilities or services to the Room unless authorised by Robinsons self-storage; or (f) cause damage to the Room or any part of the Facility (which includes by removal, haulage or delivery contractors) or create any obstruction or leave items or refuse in any common space within the Facility.
20. Storer must maintain the Room by ensuring it is clean and in a state of good repair. In the event of uncleanliness of or damage to the Room or Facility, Robinsons self-storage will be entitled to retain the Deposit, charge a Cleaning Fee, and/or claim full reimbursement from the Storer of the reasonable costs of repairs, replacement, restoration, proper compensation or disposal of refuse.
21. Storer must (and ensure that its Agents) use reasonable care on site and have respect for the Facility and other Room users, inform Robinsons self-storage of any damage or defect immediately it is discovered and comply with the reasonable directions of FO’s employees, agents and contractors and any other regulations or policies for the use, safety and security of the Facility as Robinsons self-storage shall issue periodically.
22. This Agreement does not confer on Storer any right to exclusive possession of the Room and Robinsons self-storage reserves the right to relocate Storer to another Room not smaller than the current Room (a) by giving 14 days’ notice during which the Storer can elect to terminate their agreement under Condition 37; or (b) on shorter notice if an incident occurs that requires the Room or section where it is located to be closed or sealed off. In these circumstances, Robinsons self-storage will pay Storer’s reasonable costs of removal if approved in writing by FO in advance of removal. If Storer does not arrange removal by the date specified in FO’s notice, then Storer authorises Robinsons self-storage and its agents to enter the Room and move the Goods acting as Storer’s agents and at Storer’s risk (except for damage caused wilfully or negligently which is subject to the limitations in Condition 27). Following removal this agreement will be varied by substitution of the new Room number but otherwise continues on the same terms at the rate in force for the original Room at the time of the removal.
23. Storer must ensure the Room is suitable for the storage of the Goods intended to be stored in it and is advised to inspect the Room before storing Goods and periodically during the storage period. Robinsons self-storage makes no warranty or representation that any Room is suitable for any particular goods and accepts no liability in this regard. Room sizes are approximate. If Storer has exact requirements, Storer must check with Robinsons self-storage before signing this Agreement as, by signing, Storer agrees to the actual size of the Room and not any represented room area or size.
24. Robinsons self-storage may refuse to permit Storer to store any Goods or require Storer to collect any Goods if in its opinion storage of such Goods creates a risk to the safety of any person or property.
25. Storer must give Notice to the Robinsons self-storage in writing of the change of address, phone numbers or email address of the Storer or the Alternate Contact Person (“ACP”) within 48 hours of any change. Storer agrees Robinsons self-storage is entitled to discuss any default by the Storer with the ACP registered on the front of this Agreement.
RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY
26. Robinsons self-storage will not be liable for any loss or damages suffered by Storer resulting from an inability to access the Facility or the Room, regardless of the cause.
27. The Goods are stored at the sole risk and responsibility of Storer who shall be responsible for and bear the risk of any and all theft, damage to, and deterioration of the Goods caused by any reason other than caused by our negligence or breach of contract. Robinsons self-storage excludes all liability in respect of loss or damage to (a) Storer’s business, if any, including consequential loss, lost profits or business interruption; and (b) loss of or damage to Goods or any claim for return of the Storage Fees except where this results from negligence or breach of contract by Robinsons self-storage, in which case FO’s liability will be limited to the sum of £100 in total. Robinsons self-storage does not exclude liability for physical injury to or the death of any person which is a direct result of negligence or wilful default on the part of Robinsons self-storage, its agents and/or employees.
28. Subject to condition 44 if applicable, Robinsons self-storage does not insure the Goods and it is a condition of this Agreement that the Goods remain adequately insured at all times for their Replacement Value (as set out on the cover sheet) while they are in storage. Storer warrants that such cover is in place, that it will not allow or cause such cover to lapse and that the aggregate value of Goods in the Room from time to time will not exceed the Replacement Value. Robinsons self-storage does not give any advice concerning insurance cover given by any policy and Storer must make its own judgment as to adequacy of cover even when facilitated by the Robinsons self-storage. Inspection of any insurance documents provided by Storer to demonstrate cover does not mean Robinsons self-storage has approved the cover or confirmed it is sufficient.
29. Storer will be liable for and compensate Robinsons self-storage for the full amount of all claims, liabilities, demands, damages, costs and expenses (including any reasonably incurred legal and professional fees) incurred by FO or third parties (Liabilities) resulting from or incidental to (a) the use of the Room (including but not limited to the ownership or storage of Goods in the Room, the Goods themselves and/or accessing the Facility) or (b) breach of this Agreement by Storer or any of its Agents or (c) enforcement of any of the terms of this Agreement.
30. Storer acknowledges and agrees to comply with this Agreement and all relevant laws and regulations as are or may be applicable to the use of the Room. This includes laws relating to the material which is stored and the manner in which it is stored. Liability for any and all breach of such laws rests absolutely with Storer, and includes any and all Liabilities resulting from such a breach.
31. If Robinsons self-storage has reason to believe that Storer is not complying with all relevant laws FO may take any action it believes to be necessary, including but not limited to the action outlined in Conditions 16 and 37, contacting, cooperating with and/or submitting Goods to the relevant authorities, and/or immediately disposing of or removing the Goods at Storer’s expense. Storer agrees that Robinsons self-storage may take such action at any time even though FO could have acted earlier.
32. Robinsons self-storage shall not be considered to be in breach of this Agreement nor liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement or any resulting loss or damage to Goods if such delay, failure, loss or damage results from events, circumstances or causes beyond FO’s reasonable control. Such circumstances include (but are not limited to) any Act of God, riot, strike or lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, shortage of labour, materials or transport, electrical power failures, threat of or actual terrorism or environmental or health emergency or hazard or recommended restrictions, or entry into any unit including the Unit or the Facility by, or arrest or seizure or confiscation of Goods by, competent authorities. If this happens, Robinsons self-storage will not be responsible for failing to allow access to the Goods, Unit and/or the Facility for so long as the circumstances continue. Robinsons self-storage will try to minimise any effects arising from such circumstances.
33. Robinsons self-storage collects information about Storer and any ACP on registration and whilst this Agreement continues, including personal data (Data). FO processes Data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and all associated laws. FO uses Data to process payments, communicate with Storer and generally maintain Storer’s account, to comply with its legal obligations and for its legitimate business interests. FO may share Data with, and collect Data from, credit reference or fraud prevention agencies and trade associations of which Robinsons self-storage is a member. If Storer does not pay Fees when due, Robinsons self-storage may share Data with debt collection agents. If Storer applies for FO’s insurance, Robinsons self-storage will pass Data on to the insurer, who may enter such Data onto a register of claims shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims. Robinsons self-storage will release Data and other account details at any time if it considers in its sole discretion this is appropriate: (a) to comply with the law; (b) to enforce this Agreement; (c) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction; (d) for crime prevention or detection purposes; (e) to protect the safety of any person at the Facility, (f) if Robinsons self-storage considers the security of any room at the Facility or its contents may otherwise be put at risk. Also, if Robinsons self-storage sells or buys any business or assets, it may disclose Data and account details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if substantially all of FO’s assets are acquired by a third party, Data and account details will be one of the transferred assets. Individuals have the right to request a copy of the information that Robinsons self-storage holds on them, to request that inaccurate Data is rectified, to restrict how Data is used and in certain circumstances to have Data deleted. Requests for any of these should be emailed or sent to the addresses on the cover sheet, to be passed on to our Data Compliance Manager. More details on how Robinsons self-storage uses Data and Storer’s rights in relation to Data are set out in Robinsons self-storage’s Privacy Notice which can be viewed at https://www.robinsonsrelo.com/our-branches/about-robinsons/policies or provided on request. Storer confirms any ACP has consented to Storer supplying Data to Robinsons self-storage on these terms.
34. If Storer gives consent, Robinsons self-storage will use Data for feedback and marketing purposes, including to provide Storer with information on products or services provided by Robinsons self-storage in response to requests from Storer or if FO believes they may be of interest. Storer’s choice with regard to the relevant use of Data is indicated in the cover sheet and can be changed at any time by Storer contacting Robinsons self-storage.
COMMUNICATIONS AND NOTICE
35. Robinsons self-storage can send Storer notifications regarding day to day matters and minor changes to this Agreement by email and/or by SMS if Storer has agreed to receive notifications by SMS. These notifications will be effective one hour after sending or immediately if they relate to an urgent problem or emergency. Robinsons self-storage may also contact Storer’s social media accounts.
36. Notices to be given by Robinsons self-storage or Storer for more significant changes to the services and these terms or to enforce rights under this Agreement (such as ending the Agreement, changing prices, significant disruptions or enforcing Robinsons self-storage’s right to sell or dispose of Goods) must be in writing and must either be delivered by hand, pre-paid post or email. Notices shall be considered to have been received at the time of delivery by hand, one day after sending by email or 48 hours after posting. Notices from Robinsons self-storage to Storer will be sent to the addresses on the cover sheet or the most recent address in England and/or email address notified by Storer to Robinsons self-storage and/or Storer’s social media accounts. In the event of not being able to contact Storer at the last notified postal or email address, Notice will be considered as having been given to Storer if Robinsons self-storage serves that Notice on the ACP as identified on the front of this Agreement at the last notified postal or email address of the ACP. Any notice from Storer must be sent to Robinsons self-storage by hand or by post to the address on the cover sheet or by email to email@example.com. In the event that there is more than one Storer named on the Agreement, Notice to or by any single Storer is agreed to be sufficient for the purposes of any Notice requirement under this Agreement.
CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT
37. If Storer signed up without coming into the Facility, then Storer has 14 days after Robinsons self-storage confirms acceptance of the order to change Storer’s mind (cooling-off period). If Storer cancels during this period a refund will be provided based on the length of storage Storer has taken prior to cancelling and all Goods being removed from the Room. Robinsons self-storage can use any payment made by Storer to settle some or all of this period. Storer can cancel by email, post or telephone call to Robinsons self-storage referring to Storer’s name, address and date of order.
38. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by both parties, either Robinsons self-storage or Storer may end this Agreement at any time by giving the other party written Notice. The date on which the Agreement will end (the Termination Date) must be at least the number of days indicated on the cover sheet. In the event of illegal or environmentally harmful activities on Storer’s part or a breach of this Agreement (which, if it can be put right, Storer has failed to put right within 14 days of notice from Robinsons self-storage to do so), FO may terminate the Agreement immediately by Notice. Robinsons self-storage is entitled to retain from the Deposit, or make a charge for, apportioned Storage Fees if less than the required Notice is given by Storer. Storer must remove all Goods in the Room before the close of business on the Termination Date and leave the Room in a clean condition and in a good state of repair to the satisfaction of Robinsons self-storage. In the event that Goods and/or rubbish are left in the Room after the Termination Date, Conditions 7 and 20 will apply. Storer must pay any outstanding Storage Fees and any other fees or expenses owed to Robinsons self-storage up to the Termination Date, or Conditions 6 to 10 may apply. Any calculation of the outstanding fees will be by Robinsons self-storage. If FO enters the Room for any reason and there are no Goods stored in it, Robinsons self-storage may terminate the Agreement without giving advance Notice but will send Notice to Storer within 7 days.
39. Storer agrees to examine the Goods carefully on removal from the Room and must notify Robinsons self-storage of any loss or damage to the Goods as soon as is reasonably possible.
40. Termination or expiry of this Agreement shall not affect any rights, remedies, obligations or liabilities of Robinsons self-storage or Storer that came into effect during the life of the Agreement. This includes the right to claim damage for breach of the Agreement, liability for outstanding monies, property damage, personal injury, environmental damage and legal responsibility under this Agreement.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
41. Robinsons self-storage may vary the Storage Fee or other terms of this Agreement and add new terms and conditions as long as such changes are notified to Storer in writing. The modified terms will take effect on the first Due Date occurring not less than 28 days after the date of Robinsons self-storage’s notice. Storer may end this Agreement without charge before the change takes effect by giving notice in accordance with Condition 36. Otherwise, Storer’s continued use of the Room will be considered as Storer’s acceptance of and agreement to the amended terms.
42. The Storer acknowledges and agrees that :(a) the terms of this document constitute the whole agreement with Robinsons self-storage and, in entering this Agreement, Storer does not rely on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty which is not set out in this Agreement; (b) any descriptions or illustrations on FO’s website are published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the services described in them but they will not form part of this Agreement or have any contractual force; (c) the terms of this Agreement apply to the exclusion of any other terms that Storer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by law, trade custom, practice or course of dealing; (d) Storer has raised all queries relevant to Storer’s decision to enter this Agreement with Robinsons self-storage and FO has, prior to Storer entering into this Agreement, answered all such queries to Storer’s satisfaction; (e) any special terms agreed between Storer and Robinsons self-storage, been recorded in writing and incorporated into the terms of this Agreement; (f) if Robinsons self-storage decides not to exercise or enforce any right that it has against the Storer at a particular time, then this does not prevent FO from deciding to exercise or enforce that right at a later date unless FO tells the Storer in writing that FO has waived or given up its ability to do so; (g) it is not intended that anyone other than Storer and Robinsons self-storage will have any rights under this Agreement and accordingly the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to it; (h) if any provision or part-provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, it shall be treated as deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this Agreement; (i) Storer may not assign or transfer any of Storer’s rights under this Agreement or part with possession of the Room or Goods whilst they are in the Facility; (j) Robinsons self-storage may transfer its rights under this Agreement to another organisation and will let Storer know if it plans to do this; and (k) where there are two or more joint Storers, each person takes on the obligations under this Agreement separately.
43. This Agreement shall be governed by English law and any dispute or claim that either party brings will be decided by the Courts of England and Wales. The parties must endeavour to settle any dispute in connection with this Agreement by mediation. Such mediation is to be conducted by a mediator who is independent of the parties and appointed by agreement of the parties. It is a condition precedent to the right of either party to commence arbitration or litigation other than for emergency interlocutory relief, that it has first offered to submit the dispute to mediation.
INSURED CONTRACTOR – If such insurance has been agreed to
44. Robinsons self-storage shall take out and maintain a contract of insurance in accordance with a Summary of Insurance document provided to Storer. This will provide cover for the Goods for the value stated as the full total replacement value of the Goods as new on the cover sheet. Robinsons self-storage does not carry out any valuation of the Goods and is not responsible for ensuring that the full replacement value as new as stated by Storer in the cover sheet is an accurate or true valuation of the full replacement value as new of the Goods at any time. Storer is responsible for ensuring that insurance cover for the value of Goods insured is maintained at an adequate level throughout the period of this Agreement. If loss or damage occurs to the Goods as a result of any matter which may result in a claim under Robinsons self-storage’s insurance policy, after receipt from Storer of a written request to notify a claim, FO will notify its insurer promptly of the claim. For the purposes of processing any such claim, Storer shall provide Robinsons self-storage, FO’s insurer or any of its agents appointed to investigate such claim (such as a loss adjuster) with such information and evidence as may reasonably be required in relation to the claim. Robinsons self-storage shall pay or arrange for payment to Storer that part of any proceeds of any claim made by FO which relates to damage or loss to the Goods after deduction of any outstanding sums due to FO from Storer. In the event that FO makes a claim under its insurance policy in respect of loss or damage to the Goods, Storer acknowledges that FO’s liability to make any payments to Storer in relation to such claim is restricted to payment to Storer of the amount that FO recovers from its insurer under its insurance policy in relation to the Goods. Whilst Robinsons self-storage will notify claims to its insurer, FO is not under any circumstances obliged to start or threaten to start any legal proceedings in relation to any such claim. Nothing in this Agreement shall make or be deemed to make Robinsons self-storage Storer’s agent. If Storer fails to pay any insurance charges, then any insurance cover in respect of the Goods will cease immediately from the date such charges are due.
Contact Tel: 01235 427 886 | www.robinsonsrelo.com/self-storage | Open Weekdays 8am – 6pm, Sat 9am – 5pm, Sun 10am – 2pm