Helpful tips to moving home
Moving house can be a stressful time, however it can be exciting and a fulfilling experience if planned and organised properly. To give you a bit of advice, we have put together a few tips to ensure a stress free move.
- Get organising: Moving house involves a lot of details. From the removals company to packing all your personal belongings. Start by packing each room at a time and keep all things from the same room together. This will make things easier to unpack in the long run. Make sure you have a checklist of all your items and where they will go.
- Give family members a job to do: Don’t think you can take all the weight on your shoulders yourself. Get family and friends involved by packing and labelling the boxes. If you have no one around to help, removals companies can always do the packing and shipping for you.
- Take great care with expensive and breakable items: PCs, antique collections, pieces of art, chinaware, make sure everything is packed correctly to be transferred to your new home.
- Don’t take everything you own: Make sure that you dispose of items that you never use. Dispose of items or put them in the charity shop.
- Make sure everyone knows you are moving: The bank, relatives, schools, office, doctors, dentist, cancel gym membership etc.
- Insure your valuable items: Make sure that any items being shipped by your removals company that are of expense, make sure you have it insured to cover your back if anything does go wrong.
- Hire a professional removals company: Don’t attempt to do it all yourself. A professional movers company will be of major benefit to you and can offer fantastic deals tailored to your needs and requirements.
Photo Credit: Pexels