Moving abroad can be a difficult challenge particularly if you are not organised for the big move. There are, however a few simple tips that you can follow to make the whole process a lot easier.
- Firstly, research the area that you are considering moving too.
- Make sure you use reputable online websites and get on expat forums to discuss moving abroad with people who have already gone through the experience.
- Ask your real estate agents as many questions as you can think of to ensure that you are clued up on the whole process.
- If you are building a new property from scratch it may be a wise move to speak to building company that has a good reputation and valued as a good property building company. Think of the language barrier and the problems you may encounter if you are moving to a country that doesn’t speak your native language. Make sure you have a translator on hand to help you communicate with the builders.
- Hire a good lawyer to help you handle the sale.
- Ensure that you comply with all the local guidelines and laws and that you meet their criteria. The last thing you want to do is upset the locals before you have even settled in.
- Transfer your money through a reputable transfer company or alternatively your bank. It is also good to keep a bank account open in the UK for any problems you may encounter or for when you come back home to visit.
- Always ask for receipts of every transaction and signed copies of all the contracts.
- Make sure that you speak to a reliable international removals company like Robinsons who can help you ship your personal belongings to your new destination.