Data controller: Robinsons Relocation Ltd
Robinsons Relocation collects and processes certain personal data about yourself, your family and your household in order to be able to perform and deliver related contracted services to the public and companies worldwide. Robinsons Relocation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Under numerous global regulations, specifically the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679 EU), personal data must be processed in accordance with certain principles. Article 4(1) of the GDPR defines personal data as ‘any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person’ Article 4(2) of the GDPR defines processing as ‘any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means.’
Consent to process your personal data
As Robinsons Relocation has been requested by you to process your information in conjunction with our business related activities, we recognise that consent has been given by yourself to process your personal information.
Ref: article 6 of the GDPR 2016/679 EU defines ‘processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
What information does Robinsons Relocation collect?
The organisation collects and processes a range of information about you. This includes
- Full Names, Physical Address, Various Contact Information, Bank Account Details;
- Information about your family and residence;
- Photographs of residence both inside and out;
- Passport and Visa information;
- Details of your scheduled relocation;
- any other personal information shared with us during the survey, quotation and relocation process
Due to Robinsons Relocation being the processor, the type of information we may collect and the extent to which it is used varies depending on the particular service that are being provided. Other such information that we may become privy to in the course of providing relocation services to individuals will be discussed further if needed. Finally, depending on the nature of global mobility services being provided, the same information may be necessary and collected from the dependents of the transferees who also receive relocation services.
Data is stored in a range of different places, including IT systems, such as data bases, electronic files, email system, paper copies and CCTV.
How does Robinsons Relocation process personal data?
Robinsons Relocation processes personal data in accordance with the following data protection principles:
- The organisation processes personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- The organisation collects personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- The organisation processes personal data only where it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing.
- The organisation keeps accurate personal data and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is rectified or deleted without delay.
- The organisation keeps personal data only for the period necessary for processing.
- The organisation adopts appropriate measures to make sure that personal data is secure, and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and accidental loss, destruction or damage.
How does Robinsons Relocation protect personal data?
The organisation takes the security of all personal data seriously. The organisation has internal policies and controls in place to protect personal data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, except by employees in the proper performance of their duties.
Where the organisation engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, such parties do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
For how long does the organisation keep data?
Robinsons Relocation retains personal data in accordance with its data retention policy.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- withdraw consent, if possible
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing;
- ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
To ask the organisation to take any of these steps, the individual should send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need more information, simply call our team of experts on 0800 521 541
Why choose Robinsons?
We provide a fast, convenient, reliable and professional service that makes use of the latest materials and technologies. This makes us stand out from the crowd.
Years of experience
We’ve been helping people move and store their personal belongings for more than a century. This has equipped us for any eventuality on moving day.
Putting you first
Our customer-focused approach is what sets us apart in the removals industry. Excellent customer service is at the heart of everything we do.
Our staff want to make moving house as simple for you as possible, whatever your requirements. Speak to one of our team today and they'll talk you through the Robinsons process.