Yes, we don’t contract employees from other companies. This means that all Robinsons staff are fully-trained and dedicated to achieving Robinsons standards.
International Moving checklist
Need to run through everything one last time? We’ve compiled a handy Countdown to Moving Checklist below or, go ahead and download and print this countdown guide to moving overseas, it will help you keep on top of things before moving day.
If you have any questions about your move, feel free to contact our International Moving Team on 0800 521 541.
5-6 weeks before moving:
- Check that your passports and visas are valid
- Check whether any permits are required e.g. for residency, work or vehicles
- Check your travel documents and tickets
- Collate all your personal documents e.g. birth certificates, marriage certificates and medical records
- Advise your solicitor, bank, doctor, dentist, insurance company, building society
- Cancel subscriptions to clubs and magazines
- Notify Schools
- Obtain invoices for new purchases (for customs import facilities)
3-4 weeks before:
- Complete the Robinsons insurance form
- Dispose of the items you don’t want to ship
- Supply a contact number in the UK for after you have moved
- Supply your overseas contact address and phone number
- Check with your Robinsons coordinator with regard to VAT refunds on new purchases
- Ask for final accounts for gas, water and electricity
- Complete all outstanding credit agreements
- Cancel all rental agreements
- Run down stocks of food and drink
- Confirm your removal date with Robinsons
1-2 weeks before
- Arrange for mail to be forwarded
- Clean garden tools, bicycles, etc
- Arrange care for children and pets on moving day
- Arrange for mains services to be disconnected
- Advise your newsagent and milkman and pay their final accounts
- Empty lockers at school and work
- Return or retrieve any items on loan
- Drain fuel from motor mowers
- Dispose of plants and perishable food
1-2 days before
- Separate all personal items which are to travel with you e.g. keys, documents, passports, tickets, certificates, currency, clothing, etc
- Disconnect, clean and dry any electrical appliances that you wish to ship
- Arrange with neighbours to leave sufficient parking space for the removal vehicle
On Moving Day
- Remain on hand in case the packers have any questions
- Check all rooms, cupboards, walls, loft, garage and shed to make sure nothing has been left behind.
And finally, try and relax and let Robinsons do the work!
In summary, here’s a list of organisations and people you may need to notify of your move:
- House insurance company
- Car insurance company
- Electricity Board
- Water Board
- Gas Board
- Telephone company
- Internet provider
- Post Office
- Building Society
- Inland Revenue
- Local council
- Motor organisation
- Newsagent/magazine subscription
- Sports/social club
- Satellite/cable TV provider
- Church/place of worship
Dedicated Move Managers
Take care of all move paperwork, including customs forms.
Specialist International Division
You’re in safe hands – your move is assigned to our experts international division.
We know moving is stressful, that’s why we out you first.
We make the move fit you to take the stress away.
International Quality Standards
We’re members of international trade associations FIDI and OMNI – ensuring high standards in the UK and in Canada
100+ Years Experience
Robinsons have been moving families and businesses since 1895.
“Excellent” Truspilot Rating
Our customers love us – see what they say!
Regular Shipping Worldwide
Weekly shipments all over the world means your possessions arrive faster.
Frequently Asked Questions about International Protection
Yes. Robinsons hold full public liability and vehicle insurance. Regarding goods in transit, we offer insurance cover for UK, European and International moves.
Whilst great care is taken in the removal of your goods, accidents beyond our control can happen. The removal team’s liability for loss or damage is limited by their standard contract terms and conditions. For these reasons, you are strongly advised to take out an All Risks insurance policy.
If you don’t take out adequate insurance, your recourse against a crew member may be limited. Other parties (e.g. the shipping company or airline) operate under separate contract conditions that may limit/exclude their liability. If a loss occurs at sea, a shipping company may declare a ‘general average loss’. In this case, you may have to contribute to the ‘general average loss’ incurred by the shipping company. Our standard contract conditions (BAR conditions) specifically limit our liability.
Fumigation costs are not uncommon in Australia or New Zealand. DAFF in Australia and MAFF in New Zealand may order items to be fumigated. If so, a cost will be incurred locally at the destination. We can provide indicative costs for fumigation of items.
All overseas moves are overseen by our expert International Removals team.
Call 0808 302 4342 and get your quote today
Why choose Robinsons?
We provide a fast, convenient, reliable and professional service that makes use of the latest materials and technologies. This makes us stand out from the crowd.
Years of experience
We’ve been helping people move and store their personal belongings for more than a century. This has equipped us for any eventuality on moving day.
Putting you first
Our customer-focused approach is what sets us apart in the removals industry. Excellent customer service is at the heart of everything we do.
Our staff want to make moving house as simple for you as possible, whatever your requirements. Speak to one of our team today and they'll talk you through the Robinsons process.