- Wrap all chair legs and chair arms to prevent scratching. Bundle all armless in pairs, seat to seat, with a folded blanket or other padding between and tie seats together.
- All larger table legs should be taken apart, wrapped and tied together. Place all nuts and bolts into resealable bag and label so you know where they go when it comes to reassembling them. Us a furniture blanket to cover table tops.
- Wrap smaller table tops in a furniture blanket and wrap legs together to prevent scratching.
- All china and glassware should be wrapped separately. A good idea would be to use seven sheets of tissue paper, start from the corner and continually wrap around, tucking in overlapping edges. Make sure everything is completely cushioned to prevent breakage. Mark box FRAGILE-THIS SIDE UP when packing.
- Protect your silver pieces from tarnishing by completely enclosing them in tissue paper and bubble wrap.
- If your silverware is kept in a chest, fill the drawers with tissue paper and bubble wrap to prevent it from moving around during the move.
If you are moving home and need a reliable removalscompany to help pack and send your personal belongings, contact Robinsons removals today.